Saturday, February 6, 2016

500 Blogposts - My Story


It has taken a very long time, but we are finally here. 500 blogposts! This is also my final post, as now that college has started, I won't have much time - if any - to keep doing this. My first blogpost written by me was published on Wednesday the 9th of February, 2011, at 9:25 a.m., about my holiday.

This post is my 497th blogpost, because of many events. In 2013 I accidentally deleted a blogpost from 2012, and to this day, it has never been re-uploaded. Also, I had 2 posts which I could never upload because I used the class account to write them back in 2011, and since I never posted them, they had to be deleted. But they still count as posts, which is why this is my also my 500th post.

When I first started getting into posting, Levi and his friends made a movie that was shown on a TV channel, and his blog gained 1,000 views in no time. The rest of us were on ~600 views, so we envied him. Later, back in 2013, I had more views than most of my year, so of course I would gloat. Anytime someone with a lower view rating talked about it, I would come up cheekily and shove my ~10,000 views in their face, except my friends.

But when I became an ambassador, we had to show our page views for a slide, and Josephine and Lesieli had ~23,000 views already. I soon stopped gloating about pageviews.

The pageviews took a turn in 2014. I started gaining huge views. This made me work more on blog posts than anything. I started publishing 6-10 page long stories on my blog, and I even started writing Back To The Present, a 54 page long story, but when combined with all of the other story connections, is 84 pages long. And I enjoyed every bit of it.

As I got older, I found it harder to do blogposts. I would always have to split up my spare time so that I could post compulsory posts and work in a paragraph or two on the next post. It was hard for me, and I could tell it was the same for the others.

In 2015 I decided that in order to keep going, I would have to change my schedule. My parents made me do many after-school activities, so I had to organize my times so that everything would work. How did I do this? Math.

Now that my schedule was in order, some magical, mythical person decided that I needed more problems. Things to write about. Back in my 400th blogpost, I showed a mini-graph that had what most of my blogposts were about, and they were just for fun posts. Ones that I do not because of schoolwork, but because I did something that I wanted to share on my blog.

This ultimately led me to start Back To The Present again, adding 5 more parts onto it, even though it was supposed to have ended. Stories like The Rhyme were meant to be individual stories, but because of time, I would have to connect them to other stories. This schedule tired me out. In Term 3 of 2015 I started writing less and less stories, because I just needed breaks.

The year had now ended, and my time at PES was now over. I wrote a blogpost about my life at PES, intending that to be my final post. But my account was not removed, so I decided, “Hey! I’m only a few posts away from 500. Let’s keep going!” and kept going. At the start of 2015 I decided to finish my blog on 500 posts. That means that this is my final post.

I guess that because this is my final post, I have to give some inspirational words or what-not for the younger bloggers from Pt England. Just keep going  and going at it. The more posts you do in more varieties, the more chances that more people will come across your blog sooner. Remember, the more you do it, the better your results will be.

I have really enjoyed doing this, I hope that you have enjoyed reading these posts and watching the movies I’ve uploaded. It’s been a pleasure doing this. Bye.
-

6 comments:

  1. Dear Iisa,
    Firstly congratulations as I know how much commitment and 'managing self' it has taken to achieve these 500 highly entertaining posts.

    I would like to thank you for the mature commentary in this post which tells me a number of important things as a teacher about how we could improve the blogging process for all our learners.

    Finally, please do not stop blogging - this is YOUR blog, so keep posting right through college. I will send you an email to tell you more.

    Have a great time at college

    Mrs Burt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on reaching this significant milestone, Iisa. Well done! I hope that you continue to blog regularly throughout your college years. I would imagine that you will have plenty of material to comment on and to share with others!

    On a related note, I hope that you got the Summer Learning Journey prize that I left for you at reception on Friday. The lovely woman at the front desk promised that she would track you down :)

    All the best for your upcoming year,

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Iisa,,
    HUGE Congratulations on 500 blogposts! An amazing achievement, I am sure you are very proud and so you should be. I can remember meeting you as a Year 6 student and again as a Year 8 student BUT before that I already knew you as a learner through your blog. Your blog has been very inspirational to me as a learner, a teacher and a facilitator and I have shared your blog with lots of people over the years (helping increase those page views!). I came along to a Manaiakalani visitors day last year and you impressed me yet again in your role as an Ambassador. Like Mrs Burt said, please don't stop blogging - you are an amazing role model and I would love to keep following your college years of learning. I hear you were a blog commenter over the winter learning journey - perhaps you could write a blogpost about this??
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your reflections Iisa,
    I'm really impressed with the way you have thought back on your learning journey through your blog. Thanks for the encouragement to newer bloggers. I will be using this blog post with teachers in the Manaiakalani outreach cluster in South Auckland as a great example of reflecting. Looking forward to more posts, as you write very engagingly and effectively ...
    Mrs Krausse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Iisa 500 posts are very good that is a lot.

    ReplyDelete